Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First thoughts...

I feel a certain amount of pressure as to what to write about for my first blog. A first blog should set the tone for everything the blog will be about. Right?
But who honestly cares about setting tones?
I do not.
So...here are my thoughts.

I realized today that I am not nice to my feet (Yeah, I know...you likely did not expect that one coming). I have been thinking about it for a few years, but I did not have a blog then. But I am, in fact, not nice to my feet. I appreciate walking barefoot, and I love to dance without the proper shoes on. Side note: barefoot is not a good way to dance. Even dancing stocking-footed is not good, no matter what Risky Business might teach you. 

Another piece of important information is that when I am agitated, I get restless. When I am supposed to do something (i.e., start a blog), but I am uncomfortable about it (i.e., not wanting to start a blog) I have to walk around to figure our the emotions and let them settle. I am easily distracted and avoid confronting said emotions when I sit and do nothing but procrastinate in doing the very thing I know I will eventually do. Hopefully, you followed that. I promised a friend that I would start a blog today (notice how it is nearly midnight and I am just posting this first blog - haha).

On my agitated walk today, I began to get frustrated with my shoes. They are fantastic shoes, but my feet felt constricted. I needed to feel the earth. The rough concrete against their tough soles, and the grass' soft massage. At the time I took the shoes off, I realized that my feet have been through a lot. Many waters, temperatures, surfaces, etc. In that minute, I connected with my agitation, and grew even more agitated. The moments had collided to a bittersweet cathartic experience. Side note: catharsis is my favorite word...I will discuss it at a later date.

I am agitated about beginning a blog because, like my feet, I have experienced a lot. I have, until now, never been one to share much of my experiences, or my heart with people. I am secretly hoping this post, beginning with feet, will be quickly over-looked and passed up for another, more substantial blog. I love reflection. And when I reflect on my life in my mind...it stays in my mind (obviously). And that is very safe for me.

I am addicted to experiences, though. I love to take them in slowly and observe them as they happen. I listen to all the details: my heart rate, thoughts sparked, a memory being made, sounds. Each element adds its own spice to the final entree. These experiences are very deep and close to my heart; ergo, not something I am readily excited to share. But, here's to new experiences...

heart rate, slightly faster than normal,
thoughts of uncertainty,
who could forget this moment?
I can hear nothing but the pressing of keys (and a car just drove by outside my house)

I hope, for our sakes, my feet have more things to teach.

that's all
me

1 comment: